This is a little late posting, Peyton wanted to be a Monarch Butterfly for Halloween, so I made a costume that was fancy and still gave that whimsical “butterfly” effect. The pattern I used was actually for a fairy, but I thought it would make a perfect butterfly. I took an ordinary mask and glued little butterflies on the one side, it gave it that mysterious look. It turned out beautiful and she loved it, so that’s all that mattered to me 🙂
The butterfly catcher was pretty simple, I just made the pants and jacket from a pattern I already had, used khaki material and placed various bug appliques all over along with a name tag. The hat I bought and added the butterflies. He was the cutest butterfly catcher I ever saw and it was perfect in keeping with the theme of the butterfly 🙂
In celebration of Peyton’s “100th School Day”….I wanted to make her something that would be special to wear and be proud of. So she counted out 100 foam hearts and helped me glue them on the front….and Mommy went crazy fancy on the back….stenciled out of scrap material I sewed the 100 on and used fabric paint for the rest of the writing. It came out beautiful and she was proud to have helped me make it 🙂
I used Simplicity pattern 6576 to make my friend a Phillies dress for her daughter. I found the cute baseball fabric and made my own applique, by printing a stencil and cutting the fabric. I then sewed the Phillies “P” on a circle I cut out of another fabric. I liked doing this so much, I am thinking of doing different teams 🙂
Yay! Finished the kids costumes and had their pictures done! Well, my daughter wanted to be Catwoman, but not just any Catwoman…Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman. Do you know how hard it is to find an out of print Butterick pattern 6378? Very hard! I actually found one on ebay that was used but had all the pieces I needed.
Since my daughter is so small and petite, I would have to do a lot of adjustments on the sizing. After completing it, I wondered how to get the “stitching” look on the costume. I used fabric paint and referred to pictures on the internet of Michelle Pfeiffer’s costume and tried to make the stitching at the same locations. I think I did a pretty good job! Anyway, it worked out perfectly and couldn’t be happier with the outcome!
Now my son, in keeping with the whole “Batman, Gotham City” theme, I decided to create The Penguin costume for him. His, there was no pattern for, so I had to get patterns at various places to create each piece of the costume, down to the spats for his shoes! The vest pattern I got HERE, the jacket pattern I got from HERE and it was McCall’s pattern 2211, the pants pattern I found free HERE. The bowtie pattern I found HERE, and the spats shoe pattern, I found HERE and since this pattern was for an adult, I had to downsize the pattern and print it out. All in all it came out wonderfully and am very happy with the results!
I am finally finished decorating the kid’s bathroom! (huge sigh…….) I couldn’t find a valance I liked for their bathroom, so I decided to make one. I found a great tutorial HERE, and instead of making the valance one pattern, I made a contrast fabric at the bottom to give it a more unique look. I am happy with the result and it was SO super easy! On to the next project…kid’s Halloween costumes!
What a great indoor project on this hot day! Peyton had so many shells she collected from our vacation, we decided to decorate a picture frame with them. She arranged all the shells and I glued away! She even picked out the picture to put in of her and Pax 🙂
This is probably by favorite creation yet! I love how the fabrics mesh with each other, and it gives it that topical, beach look 🙂 The tote is also reversible, so can be worn either way, I think it looks great both ways. This dress was sized for a 3T (about 22″ long). I had a lot of fun making these and was really happy with the turnout!
Since I didn’t have this blog last Halloween, I will post the costumes I made anyway….better late than never! My daughter (who was 3 at the time) was very focused on being a princess for Halloween. Well my son who was 1 at the time, could care less what he was dressed as, so I decided to create a themed idea. I found the pattern for a princess which was Simplicity Pattern #2569 C, and for my son, I decided to make him a frog costume, for you guessed it…..The Princess and The Frog! I used Simplicity Pattern #3594 B. I was very pleased in how they turned out and they looked great! My mind is spinning as I write this, on what theme I will do this year!
I made this dress for a very special little girl, whose parents are loyal Philadelphia Eagles fans. Personally, I am a loyal NY Giants fan, so making this was tough 🙂 I thought it would be cute to use a team cotton fabric, contrasted with a grey polka-dot fabric for the contrast band and armholes as well as the straps. This dress will fit 6-12 months, and was SO easy to make. I know the parents will love it and she will look so sweet in it!